For any other questions regarding FIMSA, please contact the FIMSA Secretary General.
For questions relating to this website, please contact Judith Greer.
What is FIMSA?
The Federation of Immunological Societies of Asia-Oceania (FIMSA) is a non-profit organization founded in 1992 to advance the science of immunology in the Asia-Pacific region.
All immunological Societies and Associations within the Asia-Pacific region who are members of the International Union of Immunological Societies (IUIS) are eligible to become members of FIMSA. Current members include Australia & New Zealand, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Iran, Japan, Korea, Papua New Guinea, Singapore and Thailand.
Societies and Associations not eligible for membership may apply to the Federation to become Observers. Observers are eligible to participate in activities of the Federation. Current Observer societies within FIMSA include Bangladesh, CIS, Russia and Sri Lanka.
Aims and Objectives of FIMSA
FIMSA aims to promote close contact and interaction between immunological societies of the Asian and Oceania regions and facilitate the exchange of scientific information and personnel by:
- Promoting communication and collaboration between immunologists in the region.
- Organizing workshops and conferences in the field of immunology.
- Conducting educational programmes, training courses and promote exchange of scientists in the overall interest of the advancement of Immunology in the region.
- Facilitate the exchange of technologies and reagents within the region.
- Supporting the publication of journals, monographs etc.
A new initiative from FIMSA is the FIMSA newsletter. Members are requested to provide information about upcoming meetings, scientific activities and findings, job openings for researchers, government policies in science, and projects for international collaboration. Information should be received by 15 December.
Please see the newsletter page for further information.
15th International Congress of Immunology
The 15th International Congress of Immunology will be held from 22-27 August, 2013 in Milan, Italy.